Course training includes the following subjects:
Day One: (Sign in/Liability waivers/ Safety rules/weapons check) (30min)
* Developing a fighting/warrior mindset. Police Use of Force Continuum. (30-45min)
* Balance displacement, subject control, and grounding skills. (90min)
* Police strikes and response to sudden assault. (90min)
* Weapon retention skills and Firearm disarming skills. Including long guns.(90-120min)
* Surviving a Critical Incident and its aftermath (Use of Deadly force) (45-60min)
* Day one skills review/ warm up. (45-60min)
* Edge weapons Usage and Defense. (90min)---We will show methods on how to properly use the various "police utility” knife—police are generally not shown how to use a knife offensively. Of course defense against a edge weapon attacker as well.
* Personal Emergency Fighting Techniques. ---Flesh grabs and tears, Eye gouging, biting, chokes, improvised weapons.
* Defeating the ground fighting attack & hold escapes. (2-3hrs)---Though we will review common ground fighting attacks, we will not teach ground fighting per se, but focus on immediately defeating an attack.* Tactical First Aid – We will discuss and show equipment for self and buddy aid concerning Gunshot wounds and severe bleeding injuries. Master McConnell is a TEMS (Tactical Emergency Medic)